Happy Friday! Today I decided to make a light-hearted list, inspired by POPSUGAR — like earlier this week I saw their post — 15 Things You Stop Giving a Sh** About In Your 30s. Well, being that today is my birthday, and I’m 35 years young, I thought I would add my spin to this list.
Also, I don’t mean to offend people here. If you take nothing else away from this, you will either agree or disagree with me, and be happy you’re still young enough at heart to formulate your opinions on these topics!
15 things I’ve stopped caring about at 35
- Other peoples’ lives. Seriously. I’m happy enough with mine, and I genuinely hope you’re happy with yours.
- Going to the hippest place to eat. I’ve never cared about this. I hate waiting. I’m cheap (mostly broke) and impatient. I’ll admire your foodporn on Instagram and keep eating my spiralized squash, thanks!
- Missing out. FOMO — I’m so OLD I had to google what the hell the acronym, “FOMO” even means. In case you’re confused as well, it means “Fear Of Missing Out” The only things I am afraid I’m missing out on these days are amazing Groupon deals and the latest episodes of Pretty Little Liars. #WhoIsA ????
- Making a big deal about birthdays. This list IS my big deal about my birthday. I DID have plans to go out, but being ill this week made me have to cancel. Boo!
- Being friends with people who are jerks. I did the jerk purge when my father got ill several years back, and I realized that life is too short. That said, I don’t want to hold grudges, but I also don’t want to make time for you if you’re a d-bag. There are plenty of people who probably will though, and they’ll probably also wait an hour to eat at a trendy overpriced restaurant too. #YoureBetterOffWithoutMe
- Keeping up with all the current trends. I despise most of the clothes I see in stores these days. I walk out with one or no items whenever I attempt to shop. Apparently, the 90’s are trendy again, and I will never get it. Also, I will NEVER own an iPhone and I only have my current phone, because my husband convinced me it would make my blogging life easier. It has.
- Your wrinkles. I don’t think my lines are that bad …yet. I stayed out of the sun most of my 20’s, and now I live in the UK where the sun is a
mythlegend. If I stay hydrated and borrow my husband’s fancy face creams, I should be okay!
- Drama. I reserve my drama quota for the five episodes of Coronation Street I watch each week. As for entertaining it personally? I’ve got zero time or desire for that kind of energy expenditure.
- The occasional splurge. I have a hard time spending money on myself. Mostly, because I spent my life savings getting married and moving over to Scotland. I guess that’s me splurged until retirement; if I’m lucky enough to live that long. Imagine what I won’t care about at 65?!
- The latest fashion craze. See #6. I LOATHE 90% of the clothes that are popular now. I saw acid washed overalls for £25 ($39 USD) the other day. Needless to say, I walked out of the shop totally confused in every conceivable way.
- Getting your money’s worth out of an open bar. I have the potential to want to do this still, but the last hangover I had was about all I could take. The older you get, the worse and more wicked a hangover can be. Trust me.
- Getting the first edition of new technology. Again, see #6. I honestly don’t care. I get a new phone, laptop, etc. when the one I have broken (or becomes incompatible with other things I own). I don’t care. I like to experience life firsthand whenever possible.
- Keeping up with social media. I’m far too lazy for social media. The only thing I sorta use is Instagram, and only because it’s so easy. I suck entirely at Pinterest and honestly I should probably just delete my account because I have like 20 followers AND once I go on, it’s like a black hole on my productivity. Also, as I said, I’m lazy. I like blogs. You can read a blog if you like it and avoid it if you don’t want to. That’s basically why I have like 30 subscribers. Probably less after this post?
- Documenting every single moment of your life. If you’re reading this blog, you know that I don’t do this. I omit the moments of my life when nothing worthwhile happens, which is basically why I create 1-2 posts per week these days.
- What people think about you. You can’t please everyone, and I’m not about to start trying. If you don’t like me, that’s fine. We’re not always going to be everybody’s cup of tea, and with fewer people, during tea time there are more biscuits for yours truly.
15 Things I\’ve Stopped Caring About At Age 35 #Oldernotwiser #thisisyourthirties @beetsperminute
Are you “bah humbugged” out enough, yet? I hope everybody has a great weekend! Can you believe it’s August tomorrow?? 2015 has been the fastest year, am I right?