Favorite Things 2014
Happy Monday! Hope the weekend was fantastic and that you’ve “wrapped” up all of your holiday shopping and whatnot. Since errbody is spending time getting to know what to get those special people in their life, I thought I might make a list of some of my obsessions or general things I have liked in 2014.
And the winners are…
- The Veggetti. I love thing thing and I’ve blogged about it here. I know I REALLY need to upgrade to a spiralizer, but I don’t want to buy one until I move to Scotland. I will be sad to see my Veggetti go – it’s been a pal in the kitchen for most of this year.
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap. I LOVE this stuff. It is ecologically and economically sound, comes in tons of super awesome scents, and contains organic oils that are OH so good for the skin. My favorites are peppermint and lavender. FYI, the peppermint is THE BOMB after a sweaty workout. It’s like Christmas for your skin, all year long! Also, you can watch an interesting documentary about this awesome stuff here.
- BeActive “The point specific pressure brace for fast effective back pain relief.” I am going to do a longer review on this “As Seen On TV” purchase, but in the meantime, I will say that this brace has helped me to run again! I thought this was the year I had to give up running, but not so much!
- PiYo. I LOVE this stuff. I have never been able to fully commit to yoga – other than that 30 day challenge I lived through a few months ago – but I LOVE pilates. PiYo truly is the perfect solution for someone like me. I love the moves. I feel stronger and empowered in every way after a workout. It’s magic!
- American Horror Story. Okay, I know this show has been on for like 3 years already, but I have lived most of the past four years under a rock (or many rocks in northern New Hampshire, as it were.) I really don’t know why I love this show so much; it’s terrifying and gory and usual makes me suffer from insomnia. I dunno, ya’ll, maybe it makes me feel alive? Also, it is the only show that could tear Adam Levine’s arm off his body while still managing to make him look smoking hot. Don’t believe me? Watch season 2, episode 1 and try and disagree with me. Okay, that’s settled.
- Jessie Ware’s album Tough Love. Can’t. Love. This. More. Listen and learn why.
- Highland Farms Maple Pepper. This stuff is so delicious on literally everything. I have added it to soups, salads, baked goods, pasta, fruit, and just about anything else you can imagine. It is sweet and savory and adds amazing flavor to whatever you sprinkle it on. It’s made from good stuff too. You can order it here. You’ll thank me later.
- SunRidge Farms Jolly Beans. I have redeveloped a (very) sweet tooth in my thirties. It sorta sucks, you guys. I love jelly beans, but know they are literally devoid of ANY trace of nutrition, so you can imagine my delight when I discovered JOLLY BEANS at my local health food store. These beans are 100%Vegetarian, gelatin free, and made with organic colors and flavors. So tasty and highly recommended!
- Gymboss 2 Interval Timer. I am a HUGE fan of HIIT workouts and also love free stuff. So, naturally, I love this free app that enables me to take tabata style workouts with me wherever I go. You should try this workout I blogged about a while ago – it’s great!
- GossMakeupArtist YouTube channel. Wayne Goss has single-handedly made me look my best this year. He is a dream. Seriously, watch his tutorials, take in his magic, and you will look and feel your best. He is so fabulous.
- E.L.F. makeup products. I have shelled out tons of dough on makeup over the years. I have bought everything from Wet n’ Wild to Christian Dior products. I have faves on both ends of the price spectrum, but E.L.F. is my favorite inexpensive brand, hands down. E.L.F has a HUGE range of cosmetics and tools all ranging from $1-$6 and they deliver amazing results. My personal favorites are the Studio High Definition Powder, Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer, and the Essentials Professional Brushes.
Of course there’s my absolute FAVORITE person of 2014 …my husband, Luke!
So, there you have it, the stuff I’ve been obsessing over this year. Every single year, I vow to be less materialistic, but for 2015, I will definitely have to downsize for my move across the pond! Stay tuned for a post on how to break up with your favorite things! Hope you’re all having a great Monday and great holiday season!
What were some of your favorite discoveries in 2014? What inspired and invigorated your senses for the 365 that we called “2014”? I’d love to know, maybe they’ll become some my faves for 2015!