Beach Body? I’m Buried Alive in Snow!
I know, “beach body season” is sort of an annoying thing to be reminded of, sorry. However, it is also an extremely motivating thing to be reminded of, you know, speaking for myself, of course. I wear a bikini, abs for days, or not. Mostly not, at the moment. Too many chocolate covered Swedish fish! Have I ever mentioned on my blog that the World’s Longest Candy Counter is, like, 1000 feet from my house? Yeah, I’m not lying, so in that respect, I have incredible willpower!
However, we were talking beach bods and nothing makes you more sexy and confident than just ROCKING your swimsuit, regardless of your size. Confidence is sexy no matter what the tag of your two piece says, right? Correct! However, I know I could always use a little push after my winter hibernation to get “bikini ready”. The routine I’m sharing with you today was designed by none other than the wonderful, ass-kicking queen of fitness; Jillian Michaels!
This plan will target lots of muscles in less time. For these circuits, you want to complete each move for 60 seconds with a 60 second recovery period; repeating the circuit three times for a total body blast. I use my GymBoss 2 Interval App (because it’s so handy!) You will also need two sets of weights ranging from 5 to 10 pounds.
Ultimate Beach Body Workout!
1. Chair Pose Climb. With feet together, arms extended at sides, palms facing thighs. Squat as you raise arms overhead (1). Then, bring arms down to your sides as you jump up (2). Land in starting position (if this move is too tough, skip the jump and squat, rise up, and repeat) (3).
2. Falling Push-up. In push-up position with knees on the ground, shoulders aligned over wrists. Bend elbows out to your sides (1). Forcefully push off the ground (2). Return to starting position (3). You can use your knees to modify the push-up position move.
3. Cheer Jump. Standing with feet together, arms extended at your sides and palms facing thighs. Jump up, clap hands overhead as you enter an inverted “V” shape, Land in starting position.
4. Deadlift To Hammer Curl. Standing with feet close together, hold a dumbbell in each hand, arms extended at your sides and palms facing thighs. Keep you back straight and your weights close to you body, bending forward from your hips (1). Rise up, bend elbows, curling weights toward your shoulders (2). Extend your arms to the starting position.
5. Jumping Plie Row. Standing with you feet wide and toes turned out, hold a dumbbell in each hand with arms extended in front of you and palms facing your body. Bend your knees (1), then jump up while bending your elbows out to the sides, drawing weights towards your chest until your upper arms are parallel to the ground (2). Land in starting position.
6. Superman Angel Fly. Lie facedown with your legs extended hip-width apart on the ground behind you. Holding a dumbbell overhead with both hands, arms extended and palms facing each other, Lift arms, chest and legs (1). Transfer weight to your right hand and bring your arms behind your back. Then pass weight to left hand (2) and bring your arms overhead again, passing weight to your right hand, Continue, lowering your chest and legs between each rep.
7. Rotating Goblet Squat. Standing with you feet shoulder-width apart, toes turned slightly out, and hold a dumbbell with both hands in front of your chest, elbows pointing down. Squat deeply (1), then jump up as you rotate to the left (2) and land facing the opposite direction. Squat and repeat in opposite direction. Continue alternating directions.
Add this routine into 3 days of your weekly fitness routine from here on out and be you will be beach ready in no time! I love Jillian Michaels, she’s awesome and she gets stuff DONE. I don’t know about you, but she’s one of my fitness heroes; regardless of how much flack Jills receives, she is effective, passionate, and I have her back no matter which muscle group I’m working!
Do you have a favorite routine that gets you ready for Summer? Do you love Jillian Michaels?